Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our LAST Homecoming. Plus Torrid party!


"We must be the change we wish to see." - Ghandi

Oh, my gosh ladies! I am so sorry for not keeping up with my updates. September and October are the busiest months for me, usually involving recruitment for the different clubs I'm in, plus fund raising for those clubs! Oh, man...it's so much fun, but so much work as well!

Since my last blog, we've had our homecoming week at school. It was so fun! My favorite dress-up day was Senior Nerd Day. My friends & I went all out this year...

Haha! I always take waaay too many pictures during homecoming week. The first one is, obviously, nerd day. That's Michelle, Sam, & I. The second is the night of Coronation. It was totally awesome to be chosen as a princess for our school. I really love Thompson and am all about school spirit and it was nice to be recognized for that. =) The third is most of our class on color day...can you guess what color we had? =P The fourth picture is of me and one of my BEST friends Nikki on homecoming night. The fifth is of me & Steve...he's seriously, the most random, funny guy you will ever meet. And the last is of me, Sam, and Maggie right before we took the floor with "our princes" to lead the first dance.

This year, I seriously couldn't have had a better homecoming week. It was so sad just realizing that this was the last time I'd be able to do all these goofy things with the classmates that I love so dearly. But we clearly made the most of it. =)

Now, before all of this happened, I got to visit the Torrid store at the Mall of America! I had an absolute BLAST. The entire staff was just so helpful and nice, I honestly couldn't have had a better experience. I tried on so many different outfits and ended up buying my homecoming dress, three shirts, and a denim mini skirt. It was definitely a worth-while shopping trip. They also had cake, juice, and a HUGE poster with my picture on it. It was so weird to see my face on something like that. lol. I absolutely loved it.

With all of these activities, school has just been flying by! I mean, it's already October. Wow! I'm having a great time and I like relatively all of my classes this year. I'm also keeping extra busy with all of my extracurriculars this year...I've been elected co-president of National Honor Society as well as president of our class and I'm loving every minute of it. Elections are being held for FCCLA officers this week, so wish me luck! =)

But anways, speaking of FCCLA...I've actually gotta get back up to the school to baby sit. Every year, we set up a place for elementary students to go while their parents attend teacher conferences. We get to color all night and just have fun. I'm seriously still a kid at heart. =P I'll catch up with everyone next week!

Loveee,
Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Katie - Hi :) School Model Search Copyright © 2009