Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Forgive me!!


Hey fashionistas! First, let me start off by saying that I am SO sorry I haven't been blogging. Apparently, the blogging schedule got lost in my e-mail (curse you Hotmail!!!) and I had no idea we had already started! But don't you worry...I'll be posting double-time to make up for it. =)

By the way, I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Katie and it's absolutely wonderful to meet you.

Also, can I just say congratulations to everyone for winning the contest! You girls are all so gorgeous and I'm seriously still in disbelief that I was chosen to be a part of this amazing experience. I hope to get to know all of the other girls on the fashion advisory board as well as all of you reading the blogs! Feel free to look me up on Facebook...just search Katie Ella Field. =) You can also follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/kaydeeismeeko

When I first received the call from Becky about the Hi :) School Model search, I thought it was a joke. I was actually at Girl's State, which is a mock government convention for seventeen year old girls, and wasn't supposed to be talking on the phone. When Becky told me who she was, I was so glad I had ignored the rules that night and taken my phone with me. After actually realizing I had been chosen as one of the winners, I freaked out! I was a part of City 8, also known as Eleanor, and the girls that lived with me that entire week were so excited for me. One of my counselors actually shops at Torrid all the time so she knew how awesome of an opportunity this would be. All of my friends are being incredibly supportive about this and I'm just so thankful for being chosen.

Now, let's get right down to it. Here are the top ten tidbits you must know about me. =)

  1. I'm seventeen and am going to be a senior this year at Thompson High School in Thompson, North Dakota.
  2. I absolutely ADORE the Disney Channel.

  3. Music is my life.

  4. I find that quotes are incredibly interesting and I love finding new ones to model my life after.

  5. I am obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. And get made fun of for it regularly. xP

  6. I am an aspiring journalist. My ultimate dream job would be editor-in-chief of Seventeen magazine

  7. I just love meeting new people!

  8. I'll be back-packing in Europe for three weeks next summer!

  9. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. J.K. Rowling is my hero.

  10. I'm a city girl at heart. =)

Now, I know you ladies have been hearing about the House of Dreams model search that Torrid is sponsoring. I encourage ALL of you who are 18+ to either try out in-store this weekend or mail your entry form in, like I did for the Hi :) School Model Search. Just remember, you can't win if you don't try and nothing's ever out of reach so dream, dream, DREAM! =)

This summer has been so crazy for me. I've been working at my department store job non-stop to save money for my trip to Europe next year and I've also been busy hanging out with my friends and savoring those lazy summer days that we look forward to all year.

The highlight of my summer, however, just happened last Wednesday. I went to my first Jonas Brothers concert in Minneapolis, Minnesota! It was absolutely amazing. I won a contest from the fan club and ended up getting to meet the boys.


I'll try to shorten this up as much as possible. ;D They were incredibly nice and down-to-earth. When I first found out I was going to meet them, I planned out exactly what I was going to say. So after getting hugs from all of them, I turned to Joe and asked him if I could tell him his fortune. He kind of looked at me weirdly but laughed and said sure. So I traced his hand for a couple of moments and then reached into my pocket and set a picture of myself on his hand. I then told him to open eyes and I said “That's your future.” Other Jonas Brothers fans know that the boys absolutely love hearing new pick-up lines from their fans so I just knew I had to think of one to try out on them. =)

Honestly, it was the most amazing experience ever! The entire room was cracking up and Joe pulled me in for another hug. I still can't even believe I did it. I made sure to wear the cutest outfit imaginable (from Torrid, of course!). I wore the most comfortable white shorts with a dressy black top with a chunky pink ring and a few necklaces.


Needless to say, I'll probably remember that night for the rest of my life. =)

While in Minneapolis, I went shopping at the Torrid store in the Mall of America and found the cutest, most comfortable skinny jeans ever! They're called the Graduate Skinny Jean and you can get them online or in-store right now! I highly recommend these jeans because they are a dark-wash, which is flattering on everybody, and you can either dress them up or down.

Well, I think that will be all for today. Remember to enter the Torrid House of Dreams model search. I promise that you won't regret it. Have an amazing day everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome, Katie! I hope you get your dream job someday. I considered going into the editing/publishing field, but decided on becoming an English teacher instead. Remember, you can do whatever you want if you have the ambition and desire for it. Congrats on winning the modeling contest and the M&Gs! <3
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Katie I'm so jealous!

You looked beautiful at the Jonas Brothers concert too. As you just said, "nothing's ever out of reach so, dream, dream, DREAM!" I bet you'll end up as editor-in-chief at 17 magazine.

Thanks for being an inspiration to me,
Elora. (:

Anonymous said...

Katie you're amazing, I'm sooo jealous.
And I can now use that pick up line. ;D Thanks.

-Kelsei<3

Post a Comment

 

Katie - Hi :) School Model Search Copyright © 2009